One solution reduces DNA’s by 25% and achieves over 30% FFT response rates
As current users of our Appointment Management solution, Salford Royal asked how we could help implement The Friends and Family Test.
- Since 2012 Salford Royal successfully reduced their DNA rate by 25% using the Appointment Management service.
- Salford Royal is a leader in its field for innovation and one of the first Trusts in the UK to go live with the Friends and Family Test (FFT)
They chose us as they felt we were a proven and value for money supplier with agile development capabilities to deliver FFT. Healthcare Communications real time analytics software also matched to their requirements.
The team at Healthcare Communications has been fantastic from the start. The fact that they were already our incumbent appointment reminder provider facilitated the implementation even more and we have been delighted with our FFT response rates which have been averaging at 31.4%.Fiona Morris Acting Assistant Director of Nursing – Corporate Services at Salford Royal NHS Trust Foundation
When implementing the Friends and Family Test, Salford Royal were keen to satisfy the following objectives:
- To utilise the existing Appointment Management framework to help facilitate the rollout of FFT and quickly fulfilling FFT requirements and hitting the CQUIN target
- To implement the solution quickly and smoothly in both A&E and Inpatients
- Reduce internal administration and staff pressure
- To have clear visibility of real time response rates and feedback
To quickly implement our simple FFT 4 step process in order to provide Salford Royal with valuable insight into their patient experience and to support improvement in their overall service. The end solution worked so well in A&E and Inpatients that it was followed up with the rollout into Outpatients and Day Surgery.
BENEFITS TO THE TRUST
- Fast and easy implementation due to the utilisation of existing Appointment Management channels combined with our agile approach
- High average FFT scores of 31.4% over a 13 month period rising from 13.2% since implementation in April 2013
- Response rates of 97% above average using a combination of text messaging and IVM
- Reduced administration saving hours of data input every day
- Quick action planning in response to negative feedback
- In depth understanding of scoring and visibility of monthly scores on internal boards
BENEFITS TO THE PATIENT
By identifying areas of feedback, Salford Royal has been able to implement some quick wins and also work on some larger scale improvement areas where more time and effort have been required; including:
- Doubling the number of car parking spaces available to patients and visitors to 1,000 by opening two new car parks
- Improvements made to the Inpatients department ensuring a patient can feel confident that their care is safely handed over to another clinician at the end of a shift