Daniel is head of our IT Team who bring NHS feedback to life with a constant stream of new features. With over 10 years development experience and a degree in Computer Science, let’s find out what this creative mind is all about!
1. How do you ensure new features benefit our NHS clients?
Suggestions from our client User Groups provide an important starting point for new features and this coupled with feedback through events, meetings and continued communication really support the agile lifecycle of our products. We pride ourselves on our lead times and the ability to provide functionality that is inspired and requested by NHS staff on the front line.
2. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Option 1: Do Not Disturb (unless bringing sweets or chocolate)
Option 2: If Google can answer your question, use Google.
3. What has been your proudest moment at Healthcare Communications?
To look at the product set that I have been so involved with, that communicates with thousands of patients per day and see it generate value and savings for the NHS! This gives me an immense sense of pride.
4. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?
The Alkaline Trio – most people won’t know this band or their music but I spent my teenage years (and more!) listening to nothing else. I’ve been to see the band on multiple occasions and some would say that I’m slightly obsessed – owning all of their records including an incredibly rare 7” vinyl called Sundials.
5. What motivates you to work hard?
Pushing the products forward and seeing new features come to life. Following an idea or suggestion through the whole development lifecycle of design, build and test takes a lot of effort but is massively rewarding.
6. If your life had a sound track what song would you pick for it?
The Chain by Fleetwood Mac because I really enjoy watching Formula 1 and this is the theme tune! It also represents my obsession with a good process – Don’t break the chain, or else!
7. You manage a large team of developers, what strategies do you use to foster innovation in design?
The Development Team has daily scrums and fortnightly sprint sessions where the team can throw ideas about and discuss the latest plans. We also encourage the team to think on their feet and design new features with flexibility in mind.
8. If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose and why?
In 2013, I went to the Apple Campus in California and Silicon Valley is somewhere I really felt at home. From this experience, the person I would like to meet is Steve Jobs, the Apple founder. I would chat to him about his numerous innovations and ask him to give me advice on how to become more Zen!
9. If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
I would be Danger Mouse – he drives a fast car, is a bit retro and loves gadgets.
10. Describe our Envoy Messenger Software in 3 words?
Intelligent, Innovative, Informative.