Healthcare Communications was acquired by Cisco Systems, Inc. on February 19th, 2021. For all new Healthcare Communications customers, the Cisco Online Privacy Statement will apply immediately. For all existing Healthcare Communications customers, the Cisco Online Privacy Statement will replace the Healthcare Communications Pivacy Statement and go into effect on December 14th, 2023. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Cisco Privacy Office via the Cisco Privacy Request Form or Textlocal’s Privacy Office by email@example.com.
The Online Privacy Statement and this summary apply to Cisco websites and products and services (“Solutions”) that link to or reference the Online Privacy Statement and describes how we handle Personal Data and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your Personal Data.
- Cisco respects and is committed to protecting Personal Data. Our Online Privacy Statement reflects current global principles and standards on handling Personal Data – transparency, fairness, and accountability.
- Our Privacy Policies and practices are designed to comply with applicable laws around the world and to earn and maintain your trust in Cisco.
Below are some of the highlights of our Online Privacy Statement. Note, additional information on our Personal Data practices with respect to Cisco Solutions may be provided in Solution-specific privacy data sheets and maps, offer descriptions, or other notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
Collection and use of Personal Data
- We collect Personal Data for a variety of reasons, which may include processing your order, providing our various websites and other Solutions, providing you with a newsletter subscription, sending business and marketing communications, personalizing your experience, and processing job applications.
- We will use your Personal Data for the purposes stated in our Online Privacy Statement or such other privacy notices that we may make available (e.g., our Privacy Data Sheets, site or event-specific privacy notices, etc.).
- We may lawfully combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and to help us improve and better tailor our interactions and performance with you.
- We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and web-based Solutions through the use of various technologies, including cookies.
Notice and your choices of data use
- We will use your Personal Data for the purpose for which it was collected and will not use it for a different purpose without first asking for your permission or having a legal basis for the use.
- We will ask your permission before we share your Personal Data with third parties for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise stated in our Online Privacy Statement.
Your privacy rights
- Various data protection laws around the world provide individuals with certain rights regarding their Personal Data. This may include the right to access, correct, delete, object to, or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or to submit a complaint to your local data protection authority. To learn more about your privacy rights, see our online privacy statement.
- To submit a request to exercise your privacy rights or to update your communication preferences, please use the Privacy Request.
- We are committed to protecting your Personal Data against unauthorized use or disclosure.
International data transfers
As a global organization, Cisco Systems, Inc. and other Cisco Group Companies, as well as their respective business partners and suppliers, operate in countries located around the world. Cisco will transfer your personal data in accordance with approved transfer mechanisms as well as any applicable local legal requirements.
Regardless of where your Personal Data is processed, we implement appropriate safeguards to protect your Personal Data. For example, we enter into data protection agreements with our suppliers requiring them to adhere to a minimum standard for protecting your Personal Data. We have also implemented the following safeguards:
- Cisco is certified under the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules system and Privacy Recognition for Processors regarding personal data handling and transfers to/from the APEC member economies. For more information on the scope of our participation, or to submit a privacy inquiry through BBB National Programs, our Accountability Agent, please click on the official seal below.
- Cisco’s Binding Corporate Rules—Controller (BCR-C) provide that transfers made worldwide by Cisco entities bound by these rules as a controller of European Personal Data benefit from appropriate safeguards.
- Cisco is also certified and adheres to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF), the U.K. Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and processing of Personal Data from the EU, EEA, the U.K. (and Gibraltar), and Switzerland.
- Cisco may also use the EU Standard Contractual Clauses (and/or their U.K. and Switzerland counterparts) to provide additional safeguards for Personal Data collected from the EU and EEA, the U.K., and Switzerland.
Questions, comments, or concerns
- Should you have questions, comments or concerns related to this Privacy Statement or the treatment of your Personal Data, please use the Privacy Request form.
- If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge).
To find out more about our privacy practices, see the full version of our Online Privacy Statement or such other privacy notices that we may make available (e.g., our Privacy Data Sheets, site-specific privacy notices, etc.).
For information on additional Cisco offers, see the Privacy Data Sheets on the Cisco Trust Center.
How to Contact Us
Mail: Cisco Systems, Inc. Legal Department 170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA 95134 USA