Support patient treatments & improve staff communications
With a 98% open rate, SMS is the channel to use for instant contact with patients and staff! Better yet, its the cheapest too!
Prevent costly on the day rebooks by sending specific health messages to remind patients about their appointment with added pre assessment instructions such as fasting and liquid intake.
SMS can also encourage patients to continue with treatment and offer support and encouragement, such as smoking cessation and new diet plans.
Our Trusts use this tool to send:
- Test results – convenient and cost effective for both patients and Trusts
- Alerts patients of short notice clinics or cancelled clinics in seconds!
- Inform patients of planned roadworks to avoid expensive on the day delays & DNA’s
- Medication reminders to help patients stay on track and reduce readmission
- Open up a two way conversation with patients and support carers
‘Our Foster carers respond very quickly by calling into our service number. This has improved communication and has reduced our mailouts, with benefits for our resources and staff workload. We love our texting service and so do our carers.’ Marie Jordan, Assistant Admin Sector Manager, Belfast HSC Trust
NHS Trusts use health messaging within Appointment Management to create targeted campaigns to reduce patient health issues in the future.
- Smoking Cessation support and advice
- Sexual health
- Alcohol/substance misuse
- Diet and nutrition
- Physical activity
- Health and wellbeing
- Medication reminders/compliance
Motivational texts can double the chances of quitting smoking by 50%! (The Guardian)
Organise staff & improve communications
Co-ordinating rotas and filling last minute shift cover can be a nightmare. Individual phone calls are time consuming and detract from time on patient care too! Instead dramatically reduce avoidable admin time by sending out an SMS blast – the most effective nurse bank channel.
- Notify shift staff of meetings and training
- Keep staff in the loop of Trust important news – break down silos
- Internal marketing – promote staff job fairs & training opportunities
- Advertise staff social activities to foster better relationships